søndag den 24. juli 2011

Partir à Paris! Cultural part



Before traveling to Malaga with my family, I went to Paris with some friends! I've been to Paris 3 times before - but it had been 7 years since the last time. I thought I knew the city so much better from my previous stays than I actually did.



Last time I went in the Notre Dame cathedral and in my head it was small and unimpressive. It was everything but. I loved the feel of it because - and I know it may be a lame reason - I had so many songs from The Hunchback from Notre Dame going on in my head and I was astonished to see how alike the movie-cathedral and the real one were.



Esmaralda sings while walkinggggg. That was all I could think of in there.
And some delicious Korean food. It was my first time tasting Korean food, haha.



I love gates and gateways. Seriously sighed audibly over that golden gate there.



Yours truly reflected in sunglasses, Louvre pyramids and funky art inside the main pyramid.



Modern, antic and classic art where everywhere in the Louvre. It was my first time visiting and was actually the only thing I was craving to see. It was really fun seeing a lot of pieces I've seen in study books during my art class last year.



Of course we saw Mona. Surrounded by tourists flashing her face every second. Man, no wonder she's breaking... I was surprised of how big she was! I've heard how small she should be and had expected a tiny painting.



I loved how much the museum changed all the time. One minute it was royally dolled up with gold all over, another it was raw and modern.



Hercules punching her arms offfff - remember that from the movie? I think she's a Venus... And some headless angel?



Funky mirror in a "royal" room. And big-ass staircase.



Walking around the city we found this bridge! There were countless love locks and I just thought it was incredibly sweet. But then again, sometimes love isn't wanted. And maybe she was a bitch?



An adorable couple on that very bridge. Sun setting. Romantic, yes?
And I'm pretty proud of that first photo, haha!



There are so many quirky shops in Paris! I loved these two - the retro chocolate shop and the pinkPINKpink perfumery.



I find the Metro signs very sci-fi-looking. And yes, I am just chilling in the middle of the street.



LOOOVING Paris. Can you tell?



L'Opera is so sublime. We didn't have time to enter, but even the facade took my breath away.

But some of my followers may wonder... Wasn't I supposed to participate in Japan Expo in Paris? Wasn't that the entire reason for my going? Yes it was. And the con-stuff will come in the next post.

<3**

2 kommentarer:

  1. Det ser så flot ud det hele! Men wtf, den engel står da på national museet i Athen? Haha, den hører til på Rhodos XD

    SvarSlet
  2. I like how your entries go backwards in time these days, haha xD Chronology, fuck that!

    Paris is such a beautiful city! And it looks like you had lots of fun there!
    I never got to visit Notre Dame last I was there - the pictures make it look amazing! (I have a thing for old churches..)

    And I love how much gold they used in the old architecture. Soooo fancy!!

    SvarSlet